Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Life with Australian Family

This is Damon with my host brother Daryl Gogel. Alan and Trudy Gogel were another family I lived with. Daryl was an exchange student in Pleasanton, Texas in 1986.
We went to lunch with the whole Gogel Family, this is Cody and Trevor with Daryl. They had great beer at this place.

Getting our drink on.
Me with Alan and Trudy Gogel. Alan and Trudy visited us in Texas in March of 2008.
This is my sister Margaret Gogel with her boyfriend Colin.
This is Jack, who belongs to my brother Daryl and his wife, Sharon. They have been caring for him for over year and are in the process of adopting him.
Daryl with Sharon and Jack at the Bierhaus, with the statue of a drunk German.
This is my dad, Murray, his mom Ella and his brother Charlie.
This is my mom Chris, Grandma Ella and me.

This is my sister Megan and her husband, Darren.
And this is me with my mom and dad, Murray and Chris Jarvis - wonderful people.
The whole gang in Australia.
We drank quite a lot of wine at the BBQ.
Aunt Trudy and Uncle Charlie.


Cody with Chris and Murray, trying Bundaberg Rum (Australian rum) and coke.


Dad pulling out the Bundy Black label, which you can't get anywhere in the world except in Queensland, Australia.




View of the Murray River (can you guess how Murray Bridge got it's name?)from the Jarvis' back yard.
Playing Texas Hold 'Em with the family.
View of the Marina from the Jarvis' back yard.
This car was purchased by Murray's grandfather when Murray was born. Still runs, too.




No comments: